Calculate and change the power meter’s slope by taking measurements with a calibrated weight. Six measurements are taken; four with weight and two with no weight. You can accept or decline the newly calculated slope. Ring Difference is the measured calibration difference between the small and large chainring.
Care and precision are extremely important. The weight should be no less than 20kg (44lb) and accurately measured.
Though weighted calibration will work with weights as low as 9kg (19.8lb), they will result in less than accurate calibrations. Use calibrated weights or have the weight checked on a precision scale--these can be found at shipping locations, e.g. a UPS facility or a UPS Store.
0. Qalvin uses your location to set your local gravity.
1. Introduction: Ensure cranks are horizontal, enter Crank Arm Length and mass of weight.
2. Calibration General Information and Instructions
3. Outside Ring Starting Zero
4. Inner Ring - Non-Drive Arm Weighted Measurement
5. Inner Ring - Drive Arm Weighted Measurement
6. Outer Ring - Non-Drive Arm Weighted Measurement
7. Outer Ring - Drive Arm Weighted Measurement
8. Outside Ring Ending Zero
9. Finishing Calibration, Qalvin performs the necessary calculations to determine your new slope.
10. Calibrated Slope Confirmation